Why Hire a Certified Arborist?
An arborist is a specialist in tree care services. At The Branch in San Marcos and Escondido, California, we have more than 30 years of experience and extensive training in our profession. Our tree service offers you arborist services that you can depend on, from tree trimming, tree cutting removal, tree planting, stump grinding service, and brush chipping.
Selecting the Right Arborist for the Job
When choosing an arborist, it is essential to hire a company you can trust. We recommend that you:
- Don’t assume but verify the credentials of your Arborist (International Society of Arboriculture) Verify Your Arborist is ISA Certified
- Verify your arborist is a contractor currently licensed with the CSLB (Contractors State License Board) WWW.CHECKTHELICENSEFIRST.COM and that the company is fully Insured (with general liability insurance, workers comp, commercial auto, etc.).
- Check for any necessary permits before your arborist performs any tree work.
- Verify the arborist is reputable, check references and reviews.
- Don’t always accept the low bid.
- Get it in writing.
Do Your Homework Before Hiring an Arborist
Be wary of individuals who go door to door offering bargains for performing tree work. Again, check their credentials. Commonly, many tree service companies do not have a Certified Arborist on staff, are not state-licensed & bonded, or are not fully insured. A good arborist is well trained and makes it a habit to perform accepted practices. Examples of the unaccepted method include:
• Topping a Tree without Cause
• Removing an Excessive Amount of Live Wood (Such as Lion-Tailing)
• Using Climbing Spikes (Except for Removals, Aerial Rescue and in Other Special Circumstances)
• Removing or Disfiguring Living Trees without Cause
ISA Certified Arborists are individuals who have achieved a level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through experience and bypassing a comprehensive examination developed by some of the nation’s leading experts on tree care. Certified Arborists are knowledgeable able trees’ needs and are trained and equipped to provide the proper tree. Certified Arborist must also continue their education to maintain their certification and adhere to a code of ethics. The certificate provides a measurable assessment of an individual’s knowledge and competence. Hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly.
ISA Certified Tree Workers have achieved this credential by passing a comprehensive written arborist exam and completing a rigorous hands-on examination in a mature tree to demonstrate their extensive level of skill, knowledge, and competence in actual hands-on-tree work. A Certified Tree Worker (CTW) must also continue their arborist education and keep their First Aid, CPR & Aerial Rescue updated to maintain their CTW credential.